- Fall 1993: After 2 or 3 times running a new program called "XMosaic" I figure out that
navigation occurs when clicking words that are blue/underlined/italicized.
- July 2005: Google Earth (welcome to the Holodeck)
- December 2005: I realize the live NFL scoreboard stats for the CBS Sportsline
Tampa Bay / Carolina game
are not Flash or Java but are all live AJAX data feeds and scriptable/data-driven HTML objects
pushed to my browser (like sound effects based on live game events). Totally browser based and
seamless, no BS. (Open up your DOM viewer and watch the data objects dance around).
You'll have to wait until next Sunday to check this out.
Near misses because:
- the author of this Konfabulator applet
fails to synchronize the animation speed with WinAmp.
- moon.google.com ... cool but made of cheese